USD – Alcala Palomar Hall
The project at Alcala Palomar Hall consisted of the renovation of the 3-story, 2-building, student housing complex located on the University of San Diego campus.
- The project consisted of demolition of the existing fire system and replacement with an upgraded system to meet national fire code and safety standards;
- This phase of work also included an upgraded student gathering and study area.
- In addition, the scope of work also included a complete interior renovation of common areas and student rooms as well as the construction of a new student lounge which extended into a newly built outdoor patio serving as a community gathering area.
- The project was put on an accelerated timeline for completion in order to accommodate the return of students to the campus.
- The Dempsey construction team worked diligently with the University to complete the project within the projected completion date, allowing for an on-time return of residents to a newly updated facility.